Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Weekend in the East culture

Friday evening was madness. I got a 9:30pm bus to catch at the Putra station, nearby the PWTC - heading East this week. My dad was kind enough to give me a ride to Putra station, it was 8:30pm when I left my house. The road was clear, and I thought I have plenty of time by the time I reach Putra station. "Hujan ditengahari" never underestimate KL roads. Im caught in a massive traffic jams near Dataran Merdeka (they closed the Dataran Merdeka road!) It was 9.10pm when I decided to walk to Masjid Jamek LRT Station instead off praying for the traffic to clear - which was truly IMPOSSIBLE! Paid my tickets, hop on the train and reach Putra station on time. I was the last passenger to go on board. For the first time in my life, I had a nausea - until the bus stopped just before Gua Musang.

6am Saturday morning, Im in Kota Bahru. Back to Ika's place and clean up ourselves before start my endless day touring Kota Bahru (picking up Watt and Dr.Muazz) and Pengkalan Kubor. Oh, I did stop by KBMall. Hehehehe...

We had our lunch at one of the famous tourist spot, Kota Bahru culture centre where we had our nasi ulam. The place was beautifully design. The food was, off course different from KL. Thank you Dr.Muazz for treating us lunch. Now, off to Pengkalan Kubor...
On our way to Pengkalan Kubor, we pass through some of the big Buddha statues by the road. Only one I manage to capture, I missed the others because Im too busy talking to Watt (while Ika busy talking with Dr.Muazz.. hehehe). Later we passed through a police roadblock and we finally reached Pengkalan Kubor - duty free area.
The weather was extremely hot (yeah, maybe I did exegerate a bit). With two mission in my head, Im off hunting. A few camping stuff and a t-shirt with a cool design. Sadly, I only completed one mission. There was not a single t-shirt that caught my attention. Looks like I have to order one from Tini, only she knows where she bought my "Zildjian" t-shirt. In one of those stalls, there is an oversized stuffed FROG. It is so big, XXXL. If I have one of those .. I'll be sure to cuddle it through the night.
Make ur choices right, and bargain all you can here in Pengkalan Kubor.
Time for some fresh air (it was kinda stuffy in Pengkalan Kubor). We stopped by Pantai Sri Tujoh, not far from Pengkalan Kubor. It was breezy, calm and beautiful. We walked along the beach with sand between our toes, and take a few nice beautiful pictures of us.
One of the all time agenda of the day... eat, eat, eat ... Its time for some good old satay ikan by the beach. RM1 for 10 stick! One thing that I did notice about this, is it sauce colour. Back then it was pinkish but now it is reddish... We are back home by 8pm. It was indeed a very tiring day. Washed myself and get ready to bed. The last thing that echo in my ears was Ika's voice talking to Dr.Muazz ... and Im in my own LAlalaLAND.

Beautiful Sunny Sunday Morning at 8am. Get ready to drive back to Kuala Lumpur. Thank GOD that Im not taking the bus home. Had our breakfast, check our list and the car one last time before heading back. Ika had her hands on the wheels at first. Stop by her grandmother's house on the way. We switched drivers just before reaching Gua Musang. It was one hella-funny story, not to mention here...
More stop... Gua Musang then Raub, visiting Ika's other grandmother - our last stop. From Raub, Ika take the turn to drive straight to KL. We enter Bentong highway heading Gombak. Massive traffic jam due to the highway upgrading. Once we reached Gombak, everything was fine when again stuck in MRR2 near Pandah Indah.

Reached home at 10pm ... and of all, I can only think of my bed and pillows. Fun, adventurous and tiring trip!!



Post a Comment

<< Home