Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Jerangkang : part TWO

I apoligoze for the very late updates...

day TWO
Light the mercun and wake everyone at the camp site. Had our breakfast, nasi goreng with a hot black coffee. Some of us helped to make lunch - nasi ayam. Lunch at the top of the waterfall. Bring along our daypack, ropes and other equipment for setting up the flying fox.
Off we go, 13 of us. The route was a bit hard at first, despite of the slippery rocks along the water. Once we stepped into the rainforest, the route is getting easier.
We are trekking up, of course the route are a bit step at certain point. 30 minutes after the long walk, we stopped by a beautiful waterfall with pool, and a long tree trunk just nice for posing. We had our 5 minutes rest here and start trekking up again.
It was about another 30 minutes when we reached our final destination. The tall waterfall with a huge deep green pool with it. Not exactly the top of the waterfall, but this will do enough for us. There is satisfaction in all of us. Beautiful mother nature at its best. The sound of the water pouring, the deep greenish pool and the cold mountain water. Everything was just perfect.
Feast our eyes, now its time to fill our stomach. We take our port, and start having lunch.
Just right after, its time to set up the flying fox. There is some bushes needed to clear. Wan was in charge in handling this activities. The two 50m static ropes was stretched across the pool. The weather was fine at first, but not for long when its started to rained for about 30 minutes. Almost all of us give it a try.
It was late... Roughly around 4pm when we decide to trekked back to camp site. Trekking down may be tough when we came upon the muddy soft soiled. It is slippery though, need to be extra careful.

As we reached the campsite, all of us are badly exhausted. Cleaned ourselves. Me and Ika have our own personal pool, away from others. Having privacy of our own, like any other gurls we talked about taboo things in our life. Here, I lost controlled of myself and slipped my soap. There goes the only soap down the stream.

As night falls, Hafiz start the campfire for BBQ. Roasted chicken for the night. Spread the ground, under the sky fill with stars we feast our hunger. It was a beautiful scenery. Skies like this can never be seen in Kuala Lumpur. Last night I slept in the tent, this night I slept in a hammock at the gazebo.
Garlic bread with mushroom soup - breakfast of the day ( so westernize ). Last group photos taken by Ustaz by the two 4WD just before we head home. By 12noon we are on our way heading to Kuala Lumpur. The weather was perfect at first, but its getting hotter by the time we reached Temerloh. Perhaps of the Karak - Gombak highway conditions - deserted. As we reached Genting Sempah, the weather turned to be wet. The rain was merciless. We reached Damansara Perdana at about 6pm ...

Jerangkang coordinate : N3 46.183, E 102 56.128



Post a Comment

<< Home