Saturday, June 03, 2006

Project : SGGS band

27th May 2006 - I went back to Penang to attend my ex-school band fund-raising concert held in Dewan Sri Pinang, besides Fort Cornwallis ( known as Padang Kota ). Sadly enuff, my closest clan (during my batch) was not able to make a comeback appearance ... All of them have a valid reason for being absent. I was lucky enuff since there is very less work in the office.
Arrived at 8.15pm ... collect my VIP ticket ( VIP whoa!!! I was damn surprised.. hahahah ), stand my camera and take a peep backstage. My goodness, Sir ... you really shrink, not alot but still you did shrink!

And now for the performance ... The principal hit the gong (was it my Chinesse Gong Sir??? nvm ...)
1 ... 2... 3.... 4 .... CENTURIA pieces as the opening .. very powerful song and lovely cymbal!! hehehhe .. That surely brings me lotssa memory. Then few pieces of unknown song ( the agenda booklet they gave me, i left it in Penang ... )
20 minutes break and here comes the best part of all! Percussion solo arrange by Kak Shereen (my super duper senior - the one in black, below picture) ... Then followed by everybody all-time favourite, The Classic Rock and Roll ... the entire hall swing to it!!! The best part in the pieces is when the battle between the snare/bass with toms!!! After one heavy memory playback moment, here comes Alladin - the Disney movie. First and last I played that pieces was 11 yrs ago, when I was in form 1. We played that piece for our school Sports Day - formation style .. with those beautiful colour guides dancing around ....
They are done ... but as always they did prepared few xtra songs to perform. After requested by some super loud school boys, Sir decided to play another song. Guess what song? The one with Tom Cruise, super action movie .... It was Mission Impossible theme song!!! And again my memory keep on spinning ... I played that song when I was in form 3, for Penang school competition -- and we won second place. A very indeed hard piece to perform ( it counts 5/4 instead of 4/4 )
Timpani (above pic) ... I had once touched these babies ...
These (above) were my beloved section. Though I dont know these kids, but hey .. I was a percussionist for 5 lovely years! We are one crazy wacky section, who oftenly got scolded by sir. .. hahahhaha.
and these wacko kids ... Im glad that uols still remember me .. lurve you gurls and good performance ... keep up the band spirit!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home